Wednesday 28 January 2015

Fate- Amanda Hocking

“It’s tricky what you have with him.” She nodded at the door after Jack. “Why hasn’t he turned you?”
  “It’s a complicated situation.” I rubbed my arms. The girl on Olivia’s lap stirred, and she stroked her hair to quiet her. “Why haven’t you turned Hannah?”
  “I wouldn't have any reason to keep her if I did,” Olivia said, but she looked at her with some affection. “You've heard the saying ‘why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?’ Well, if I bought the cow, I wouldn't get any milk at all.”
  She wanted Hannah for her blood, and nothing else.
  “So why do you think he should turn me?” I asked.
“He loves you,” Olivia sounded surprised when she looked up at me. “You must know that.” I shifted uneasily but didn't answer her. “And I'm betting that he’s not getting any milk either.”

Fate is book 2 in the My Blood Approves series. With Peter out of the picture, for now, Alice continues to stay with Jacks family and get to know them. Milo her brother starts spending more time with them and he starts to get jealous of the time Alice spends with Jack. Then Alice runs into trouble at a vampire nightclub and most of the book focuses around the results of that trouble, as well as her continuing to fight off her urges to be with Peter.  There’s a rocky start and a rocky ending but well worth the drama to see the stories progression. If you enjoyed the first book then there’s no point resisting the urge to read this one, just succumb, absorb and enjoy the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment